1. Clarify selling motivation, determine financial and timing needs.
2. Customize selling strategy based on needs. Timetable, market analysis, and financial needs are all part of determining the perfect selling strategy.
3. Help you prepare your property to go on the market. This includes prioritization of repairs, staging hints and decluttering. Your real estate agent can give you basic guidelines or put you in contact with stagers in the Louisville are who specialize in staging real estate.
4. Outline a marketing strategy. Your real estate agent should communicate to you their marketing strategy and the vehicles they will use to market your property. If your agent is not using social media to market listings they are behind the game.
5. Receive, present and advise on all offers. Once your listing is on the market you will have showings culminating in an offer or multiple offers. Your real estate agent will present those offers and help you negotiate through the nuances of each.
6. Navigate inspection and repair request. Once we accept a contract to purchase your home your buyer will have an inspection. The inspection will reveal any issues deemed repairable by the buyer. Your real estate agent will help you negotiate those repairs.
7. Contract to close. Your real estate agent will work with your loan officer and closing attorney to make sure all paperwork and documentation are in order to close your home.
8. Closing preparation. New closing regulations require a 3-day clear to close period. During that time your real estate agent will work closely with your lender, buying agent, buying lender, and closing attorney to work out any last minute items to finalize closing terms.
9. Once you close, your real estate agent will take on many different roles. Your real estate agent will help you coordinate your move, your closing for new property or continue your new home search. Regardless, your agent is your first stop to all things real estate.