Making the decision to sell your home draws on every imaginable emotion. This is a place you have memories in, the start of a new chapter, the end of an era. The decision is personal and at The Jewell Smith Group we take it personal with you. Our team of REALTORS® will work closely with each seller to meet the needs of each property and is our mission to make the process smooth and get the most out of your home. The sale of your home is a journey and you will have the support of our entire team. Our agents take pride and are tremendously knowledgeable in the Greater Louisville real estate market. We work closely with you and potential buyers banks, title attorneys, inspectors, other agents and appraisers to maximize your listing. There are many people involved and we will manage the whole group for you. So sit back and enjoy the ride.
- The Decision: Some decisions are easier than others but once you decide to sell your home it’s time to go all in. The first step is to choose the right real estate team to represent your property and partner with you on this journey. Smith Real Estate Group is the team you need.
- Listing Consultation: Together we will meet with you and discuss your needs in the sale of your home. We will talk numbers, look at the competition, look at the market and come up with a game plan for how we will get it done. We will sign papers and talk about all the things we need to do to get it ready.
- Get it Ready: It will take a little time to get your home ready to sell. We do not just stick a sign in the yard, we use our years of experience to guide you or put you in contact with the people who will help you get your house ready. Each situation is unique. It may be de-cluttering or putting in a new vanity whatever the game plan is it is time to execute.
- Pictures: Once your home is ready to sale we will schedule our professional photographer to take pictures. No smoke and mirrors, we want people to see what your house really is. Buyers to not want to be let down when the house on the internet looks better on a computer than it does in real life. This is key to getting the most for your listing and not have potential buyers upset because it does not look the same in real life.
- Sign In the Yard: Once all the prep work is done we make it official by putting our sign in the yard. You will be confident in knowing the level of care and the preparation it took to get to this point. Buyers will be assured of the quality of product represented by The Jewell Smith Group. Our sign alone will draw buyers in
- Showings: Now is time to show off you home for sale. It can be scary perfect strangers coming to your property. You need not worry though because we screen buyers, make sure they are qualified and working with a licensed REALTOR®.
- Offer and Negotiations: Once your home is being viewed we will inevitably start getting offers. We have to present all offers to you but again we will look through each one line by line to decide which the best one for you is.
- Inspection: To be frank this is the hard part. A third party inspector is going to tell you everything that is wrong with your property. Don’t worry we have not left. Our years of experience will guide the repair negotiation. Everyone deserves to know what is going on with their home including you. Working together we will overcome the emotional pushback of the report and maximize the selling process.
- Closing: Now is time to turn over the keys. We will be there with you assuring you of the decision and navigating the seas of legal jargon. Your home is now someone else’s and its time to move on to new things.